Submit our Zoom sign up form here!
For youth under 18, please ask your parent or guardian submit the form on your behalf.
We are so excited to have you join our Virtual Hubs on Zoom!
UPDATED SAFETY MEASURES
We are happy to announce that the Timmins YWH will be offering outdoor summer activities beginning on July 13th, 2021. These activities will be scheduled on Tuesday afternoons from 1-3 p.m in various locations throughout the city. Activities will be held in outdoor venues that will allow for physical/social distancing procedures to be followed. If it rains, activities will be cancelled and notification posted on YWH social media.
To keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, the YWH has put into place strict safety guidelines and protocols as prescribed by the Ministry of Health and Porcupine Health Unit.
When youth arrive at a YWH outdoor activity, things will be a little different than in the past:
- We will ask screening questions to all youth and/or parent or legal guardian prior to entry to the YWH activity. Following COVID-19 safety protocols, YWH staff will be wearing a face shield or other protective measures. Any youth who does not pass the screening will not be allowed entry. Anyone feeling unwell must stay home.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask youth to use when they enter the activity area, and when they leave.
- Youth participants and YWH staff will be co-horted in groups of 10 or less.
- Strict physical/social distancing procedures will be followed.
The YWH has a detailed response plan in place if a youth or staff member is exposed to COVID-19.
Youth participants will need to bring:
- Water bottle
- Non-medical face mask (the YWH can supply a disposable face mask to any youth who does not have one)
- Towel & bathing suit (for beach activities)
Individually pre-packaged granola bars and popsicles will be provided by the YWH. Youth participants are welcome to bring their own individually wrapped snacks (nut-free), not to be shared with others.
It is expected that public bathroom facilities will not be available at any activity location.
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for our youth and YWH staff team.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
We look forward to welcoming our youth back to the YWH! We’ve missed you!
Anne Vincent, Timmins YWH Executive Director